Sep 29, 2013

Pumpkin Pound Cake


Here lately I have pinned so many recipes that contain pumpkin.  I love fall, love baking, and love pumpkin desserts!  Our church was serving a dinner last week and I usually make some type of pound cake for these because they tend to be super easy.  Wanting to make something new I was so excited when I realized I had pinned a Pumpkin Pound Cake by Whipperberry.  I followed her recipe exactly as is and it turned out yummy!  It was moist and of course had good flavor.


Ingredients
2-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 eggs
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
Stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
Whisk together your sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin. Fold in the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour into your pan and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.  I baked 55 minutes as I am just always just over cautious of not wanting things to be dry, but this could have baked at least 3 more minutes and been just fine.




4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! Great for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Later I found a different recipe that had a cinnamon glaze over the cake. I'm gonna try that next time!

      Delete
  2. Yum...I haven't made one thing pumpkin yet can you believe it? And I even have a can of pumpkin just waiting to be used...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Love fall decorations, they are so much fun...the only time I enjoy decorating for more is Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete