Sep 24, 2013

Pecan Lemon Loaf

I had intentions to make some Banana Bread the other day but happened to look through the Taste of Home 2009 recipe book on my cookbook stand first and found this I wanted to try.  I'm not super crazy about lemon things but I like them for having something different and love the light fresh taste they give.  At first I wasn't sure how this would taste lemony since there is no lemon juice added to the dough as it all gets poured over the top.  However, to my surprise the bread soaks it all up even through the middle and you have moist lemon bread.  I can't say this is my favorite bread, but it's definitely good and I will make again when I want that light fresh taste!


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.  Mix in eggs.  In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.  Fold in Pecans and lemon peel.  Transfer to a greased 9x5 loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


In a small saucepan, combine the lemon juice and remaining sugar.  Cook and stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.  Pour over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.  Pour over the warm  bread. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing from pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment