Sep 24, 2013

Jalapeno Bacon Mac N' Cheese

My husband and I went to Kirby's Steakhouse for our anniversary and had some of the best Mac N' Cheese with jalapenos and bacon in it.  So I found a recipe to try for something similar to what we had.  As usual I did not follow the recipe exactly and did some of my own things.  The kids didn't care for this but it really is good.  I hope to get it  a little more creamy next time I make it and add more jalapenos for flavor.  All in all a good side dish though!


Ingredients
12 oz large elbow pasta
4 Tbsp salted butter
4 jalapenos, seedless & diced
1/2 cup crumbled bacon
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups milk
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 oz cream cheese softened
Paula Dean Seasonings
Panko Bread Crumbs
Olive Oil

Preheat oven 350 degrees

Boil elbow pasta as directed, rinse and drain.  In same saucepan melt butter on medium heat.  Add diced jalapenos and cook 2-4 minutes.  Add crumbled bacon stirring in about 1 minute.  Whisk in flour and cook about 1 minute.  Add milk, pepper jack cheese, and cream cheese cooking and stirring until melted and blended.  Mix in Paula Dean Seasonings and stir well.  Stir in pasta and mix all together.  Pour pasta in 2qt baking dish.  Sprinkle Panko bread crumbs on top and lightly drizzle olive oil over them.  Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees, and then turn broiler on and broil about 3 minutes or until top is browned.

3 comments:

  1. Good grief, it's about time! HAHA! This sounds really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know right! I almost text you earlier today just to tell you I updated it, lol!

      Delete