Dec 1, 2013

Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole


I have always loved Sweet Potato Casserole since I was a little girl!  My husband on the other hand had not cared for it much until I started making this recipe.  He loves the pecan topping on this one!  I don't remember where I got this recipe from but have been making it for about five years.  It doesn't matter if we stay home for Thanksgiving or travel back to our parents I usually end up making this every year.  This year we stayed home and I only cooked a few things with this being one of them! 


Filling
4 lg. sweet potatoes
1/2 stick butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
2 eggs

Peel sweet potatoes and cut into slightly big chunks.  Place in pot and boil until fork inserts smoothly, making some chunks fall apart.  Drain off water and add remaining ingredients mixing together well.  Pour into a casserole dish.

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup flour
1 to 2 cups pecans, chopped

Mix all ingredients together well and place on top of sweet potatoes filling.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment