Dec 6, 2013

Chili's Salsa


Recently I tried this recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff and will probably make it again.  I really do not have a good salsa recipe as it is something I've just never made.  I will be trying other recipes I'm sure of it eventually!  For now I like this one and it's super easy to make in my individual Ninja blender cup.  Next time I make this I will not use so much onion as it was too strong in the salsa.  I probably picked up a medium size to small onion and would at least half that.  Six Sisters' Stuff is a neat blog with some good foods on it!


Ingredients
2 14.5oz cans whole tomatoes, drained
1 whole jalapeno, with end chopped off
1/2 yellow onion
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. lime juice

Place all ingredients together into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.  Store in air tight container and refrigerate.
Ingredients:
2 cans (14.5 oz each) whole tomatoes, drained
3-4 canned, whole jalapenos (not pickled)
1 yellow onion, quartered
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons lime juiceDirections:
Place all of the ingredients together into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Serve with tortilla chips.

Read more at http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/11/chilis-copycat-salsa-recipe.html#isglcp01C2IWl0im.99

No comments:

Post a Comment