Oct 12, 2013

Snickerdoodle Pancakes


Last Saturday I was determined to make some pancakes that my kids would like!  I found these Snickerdoodle Pancakes on none other than pinterest and thought surely the kids will like these.  Your probably wondering what kids do not like pancakes.  The deal with my kiddos is they have been eating the packaged frozen pancakes from Walmart for a little too long that they don't realize homemade pancakes are by far better.   My husbands mother introduced my kids to them and I took to them because of the "it's easy" idea!  I really just prefer fresh cooked items but do revert to using some frozen foods every now and then.  Anyway, back to these pancakes!  The kids liked them after all and I made them again this morning.  So I used her recipe for the most part while adding some extra of a few things and a little less of some other things, and then accidentally forgot to put the butter in.  I found the butter in the microwave later that day, lol!  So they turned out great and any time I make these I'll just stick to the way I made them the first time. 


Ingredients
1 cup of all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon of kosher salt
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
3/4 cup of sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, lightly beate
1/2- 3/4 cup of milk

Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and whisk to combine.
Add wet ingredients and whisk just until combined.
Use ¼ cup of milk for thicker, fluffy pancakes. Add more milk for thinner, tender pancakes.
Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter onto hot non-stick griddle.
When edges of pancakes start to set, flip and cook until light golden brown.
Serve with butter and warm cinnamon vanilla glaze.
Makes 8-10 pancakes.



1 comment: