Oct 8, 2013

Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake


Today was one of those days where I just had to do some more baking!  The kids got out of school at noon  so I felt like I had some extra time to get a dessert whipped up without having to watch the clock.  I was looking for something that sounded easy and looked good in my pins and decided to go with a Cinnamon Roll Cake.  Of course as I'm getting all the ingredients out I'm thinking of how to add some pumpkin to this, and what I'm going to change up to try it.  In the end it all worked out and we loved it!  My husband said this is better than the Anything and Everything Pumpkin Cake and his new favorite dessert with pumpkin in it!  It's gonna be so good with my coffee in the morning!


Ingredients

CAKE:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1-2 tsp nutmeg
1-2 tsp pumpkin spice
3/4c. milk
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 can Pumpkin
3 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

TOPPING:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13 baking pan with Bakers Joy
In medium bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice.  Whisk together and set aside.
In mixing bowl combine sugar and eggs and beat until smooth.
Add pumpkin to sugar mixture and beat on low until blended well.
Add milk to mixture and mix on low.
Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until all is incorporated..
Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 36-40 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

GLAZE:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake.





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was AMAZING!!! I hope that we see it again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you like this one more than the pound cake one? Which one is more pumpkin tasting...will probably try them both anyways!

    ReplyDelete