May 31, 2012

Fresh Bean Dip


I've had a bean dip recipe saved in my favorites on foodgawker for a while now, and just had a craving to make it tonight.  Of course while at the store I could not find all the ingredients the recipe I had saved called for.  So I had to do my best and work with what I could find and what I already had at home.  I was impressed with how it turned out.  Of course this is not your typical bean dip, and you must realize it is healthier.   My personal opinion is that is taste fresh, which comes from the onion, garlic and jalapeno.   I think I could have made it more spicy, and next time I'll plan to leave a few seeds from the jalapeno to help with that part.  Overall this is just a fresh tasting snack!
 Recipe adapted from Dinner With Julie

Ingredients

1 Tbsp olive oil
2 15(oz) can Dark Red Kidney Beans (drained & rinsed)
5 garlic cloves diced
2 jalapeno peppers (remove seeds & dice)
1/2 onion chopped
4 Tbsp tomato sauce
2 Tbsp golden curry
2 tsp red wine vinegar
squirt of Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (1/2 Tbsp)
juice from a lemon


















Preparation

Chop & Dice garlic, jalapeno, & onion

Heat Olive Oil in skillet over medium heat.  Then add garlic, jalapeno, & onion and cook until soft.  Add tomato sauce, golden curry, red wine vinegar, and Sriracha sauce to skillet mixing all ingredients thoroughly.  Set skillet aside.

Place beans in blender/food processor with mixture from skillet, and small amount of lemon juice and honey.  Blend until all is mixed well or until desired smoothness. Place in bowl, cover with cling wrap and place in fridge for 2 hours before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment