Feb 1, 2013

Baked Chicken Flautas


Back a few weeks ago I made these flautas on a whim.  I was looking at pinterest and saw some similar but I did not have the ingredients they used.  So I just used what I had that I thought would go together good.  It was kinda time consuming the way I did it, but they were yummy!

Ingredients
12-14 chk tenders
4 oz cream cheese
1/3 of 2lb block velveeta
1/2 can rotel
1/4-1/2 cup chicken broth (reserved from boiling the tenders)
2 lg jalapenos seeded & chopped
1 slice onion chopped
20 sm tortillas
2 Tbsp butter
Salt
Pepper
Garlic & Onion Powder
Montreal Steak Seasoning
Lawry's Seasoned Pepper
Canola Oil
Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 450 dergrees

Boil chicken tenders with chicken bullion and seasonings.  While chicken in boiling chop jalapeno & onion.
Once chicken is done, remove from broth and shred chicken.

Pour broth out of pot until you have 1/4 - 1/2 cup still remaining.  Place on low to med heat, add butter, cream cheese, velveeta, rotel, jalapenos, and onion, stirring constantly until all is combined and smooth like.  Then add the shredded chicken to sauce.

Mix some Canola & Olive Oil together and spread on baking sheet.


Place chicken mixture in tortilla  and place on baking sheet.  Brush all tops of tortillas with oil mixture, and bake about 10 minutes.  Turn flautas over, brush lightly with oil mixture, place back in oven and bake about 10 minutes.  

Use some remaining Velveeta and rotel for dipping flautas in if you'd like.


1 comment:

  1. Those look so yummy! Definintly gonna work this into my menu plan:)

    ReplyDelete